I had a lady come up to me today, put her hand on my belly, smile, and say, “Is this a baby bump?” I forced a smile and answered, “No, that’s just a fat bump.” Ok, I just need to put this out there: I think that asking a woman if she is pregnant is such an inappropriate, rude, and tacky question. If she is pregnant, she’ll tell when she wants people to know; no one needs to ask. And if she isn’t pregnant, the question makes her feel fat.
Taxes and Senators March 20, 2010
Since I am self-employed, the government is taking about 35% of my income in taxes. Does this seem wrong to anyone else? Makes me livid!
Also, I just found out that the average senator’s income is around $115,000.00 a year and that even if they only serve as a senator for one term, they have health care for life…. lucky them. I’m so glad that we make THIER lives so good.
I Am BEYOND Fired Up!!! January 22, 2010
I am obsessed with watching/listening to the news and I LOVE history documentaries. I LOVE watching/listening to FOX news. History fascinates me. Politics fascinate me (and also annoy me to death but I love to know what’s going on).
I just finished watching Glenn Beck’s special documentary: “The Revolutionary Holocaust.” It was amazing. I learned so much. It was also extremely disturbing. What made me so fired up was seeing celebrities and teens wearing Tshirts (and necklaces and bikinis) with Che Guevara’s and Mao Zedong’s faces on them and hearing some of the leaders of our government say that they look up to and have learned a lot from the teachings of Che Guevara and Mao Zedong. What I learned today is that these two individuals were just as bad as Stalin and Hitler. They were murderers and evil men and yet we have people in the U.S. praising them! Are you kidding me?!
I bet most of the teens that wear these Tshirts don’t have a clue as to who these evil men really were so this could be an honest mistake on their part. But if you are someone who has one of these shirts, PLEASE stop wearing it. Throw it away! I started crying when they interviewed family members whose fathers had been killed by these vicious men. It broke my heart when they said how much it hurt them to see people in the U.S. wear these monsters on their shirts and praise their teachings.
And celebrities, come on now! KNOW who these people really are before you are photographed wearing a shirt with their picture on your chest. And if you are a government official or politician who admires one of these men, you disgust me and you do NOT belong in the U.S. government!
Now if you are a person who wears these shirts and you KNOW who these men were and you still think it’s a cool and it makes a statement, that just disgusts me too. We can NOT support and honor these men. The United States MUST stand against teachings of people like this!
Learn more about the documentary HERE
I hope the special will air again on FOX news. If it does, please watch it.
All My Clothes Shrank, Obviously October 20, 2009
I wish the reason was that all of my clothes shrank but I’m pretty sure it’s me that changed. My clothes from last winter don’t fit me. I tried a bunch of them on yesterday and they all look like spandex. This is very depressing. Well, it stops here. I REFUSE to gain one more pound! I’m off to go walk on the treadmill. The treadmill will be my new best friend.
Please Sign The Letter June 19, 2009
This is a letter that was sent to Glenn Beck by a 53 year old woman from Arizona. Please read it and if you agree with it, click the link and sign the petition to support this letter. Let’s stand up for ourselves!
I’m a home grown American citizen, 53, registered Democrat all my life. Before the last presidential election I registered as a Republican because I no longer felt the Democratic Party represents my views or works to pursue issues important to me. Now I no longer feel the Republican Party represents my views or works to pursue issues important to me. The fact is I no longer feel any political party or representative in Washington represents my views or works to pursue the issues important to me. There must be someone. Please tell me who you are. Please stand up and tell me that you are there and that you’re willing to fight for our Constitution as it was written. Please stand up now. You might ask yourself what my views and issues are that I would horribly feel so disenfranchised by both major political parties. What kind of nut job am I? Will you please tell me?
Well, these are briefly my views and issues for which I seek representation:
- One, illegal immigration. I want you to stop coddling illegal immigrants and secure our borders. Close the underground tunnels. Stop the violence and the trafficking in drugs and people. No amnesty, not again. Been there, done that, no resolution. P.S., I’m not a racist. This isn’t to be confused with legal immigration.
- Two, the TARP bill, I want it repealed and I want no further funding supplied to it. We told you no, but you did it anyway. I want the remaining unfunded 95% repealed. Freeze, repeal.
- Three: Czars, I want the circumvention of our checks and balances stopped immediately. Fire the czars. No more czars. Government officials answer to the process, not to the president. Stop trampling on our Constitution and honor it.
- Four, cap and trade. The debate on global warming is not over. There is more to say.
- Five, universal healthcare. I will not be rushed into another expensive decision. Don’t you dare try to pass this in the middle of the night and then go on break. Slow down!
- Six, growing government control. I want states rights and sovereignty fully restored. I want less government in my life, not more. Shrink it down. Mind your own business. You have enough to take care of with your real obligations. Why don’t you start there.
- Seven, ACORN. I do not want ACORN and its affiliates in charge of our 2010 census. I want them investigated. I also do not want mandatory escrow fees contributed to them every time on every real estate deal that closes. Stop the funding to ACORN and its affiliates pending impartial audits and investigations. I do not trust them with taking the census over with our taxpayer money. I don’t trust them with our taxpayer money. Face up to the allegations against them and get it resolved before taxpayers get any more involved with them. If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, hello. Stop protecting your political buddies. You work for us, the people. Investigate.
- Eight, redistribution of wealth. No, no, no. I work for my money. It is mine. I have always worked for people with more money than I have because they gave me jobs. That is the only redistribution of wealth that I will support. I never got a job from a poor person. Why do you want me to hate my employers? Why ‑‑ what do you have against shareholders making a profit?
- Nine, charitable contributions. Although I never got a job from a poor person, I have helped many in need. Charity belongs in our local communities, where we know our needs best and can use our local talent and our local resources. Butt out, please. We want to do it ourselves.
- Ten, corporate bailouts. Knock it off. Sink or swim like the rest of us. If there are hard times ahead, we’ll be better off just getting into it and letting the strong survive. Quick and painful. Have you ever ripped off a Band‑Aid? We will pull together. Great things happen in America under great hardship. Give us the chance to innovate. We cannot disappoint you more than you have disappointed us.
- Eleven, transparency and accountability. How about it? No, really, how about it? Let’s have it. Let’s say we give the buzzwords a rest and have some straight honest talk. Please try ‑‑ please stop manipulating and trying to appease me with clever wording. I am not the idiot you obviously take me for. Stop sneaking around and meeting in back rooms making deals with your friends. It will only be a prelude to your criminal investigation. Stop hiding things from me.
- Twelve, unprecedented quick spending. Stop it now.
Take a breath. Listen to the people. Let’s just slow down and get some input from some non-politicians on the subject. Stop making everything an emergency. Stop speed reading our bills into law. I am not an activist. I am not a community organizer. Nor am I a terrorist, a militant or a violent person. I am a parent and a grandparent. I work. I’m busy. I’m busy. I am busy, and I am tired. I thought we elected competent people to take care of the business of government so that we could work, raise our families, pay our bills, have a little recreation, complain about taxes, endure our hardships, pursue our personal goals, cut our lawn, wash our cars on the weekends and be responsible contributing members of society and teach our children to be the same all while living in the home of the free and land of the brave.
I entrusted you with upholding the Constitution. I believed in the checks and balances to keep from getting far off course. What happened? You are very far off course. Do you really think I find humor in the hiring of a speed reader to unintelligently ramble all through a bill that you signed into law without knowing what it contained? I do not. It is a mockery of the responsibility I have entrusted to you. It is a slap in the face. I am not laughing at your arrogance. Why is it that I feel as if you would not trust me to make a single decision about my own life and how I would live it but you should expect that I should trust you with the debt that you have laid on all of us and our children. We did not want the TARP bill. We said no. We would repeal it if we could. I am sure that we still cannot. There is such urgency and recklessness in all of the recent spending.
From my perspective, it seems that all of you have gone insane. I also know that I am far from alone in these feelings. Do you honestly feel that your current pursuits have merit to patriotic Americans? We want it to stop. We want to put the brakes on everything that is being rushed by us and forced upon us. We want our voice back. You have forced us to put our lives on hold to straighten out the mess that you are making. We will have to give up our vacations, our time spent with our children, any relaxation time we may have had and money we cannot afford to spend on you to bring our concerns to Washington. Our president often knows all the right buzzword is unsustainable. Well, no kidding. How many tens of thousands of dollars did the focus group cost to come up with that word? We don’t want your overpriced words. Stop treating us like we’re morons.
We want all of you to stop focusing on your reelection and do the job we want done, not the job you want done or the job your party wants done. You work for us and at this rate I guarantee you not for long because we are coming. We will be heard and we will be represented. You think we’re so busy with our lives that we will never come for you? We are the formerly silent majority, all of us who quietly work , pay taxes, obey the law, vote, save money, keep our noses to the grindstone and we are now looking up at you. You have awakened us, the patriotic spirit so strong and so powerful that it had been sleeping too long. You have pushed us too far. Our numbers are great. They may surprise you. For every one of us who will be there, there will be hundreds more that could not come. Unlike you, we have their trust. We will represent them honestly, rest assured. They will be at the polls on voting day to usher you out of office. We have cancelled vacations. We will use our last few dollars saved. We will find the representation among us and a grassroots campaign will flourish. We didn’t ask for this fight. But the gloves are coming off. We do not come in violence, but we are angry. You will represent us or you will be replaced with someone who will. There are candidates among us who will rise like a Phoenix from the ashes that you have made of our constitution.
Democrat, Republican, independent, libertarian. Understand this. We don’t care. Political parties are meaningless to us. Patriotic Americans are willing to do right by us and our Constitution and that is all that matters to us now. We are going to fire all of you who abuse power and seek more. It is not your power. It is ours and we want it back. We entrusted you with it and you abused it. You are dishonorable. You are dishonest. As Americans we are ashamed of you. You have brought shame to us. If you are not representing the wants and needs of your constituency loudly and consistently, in spite of the objections of your party, you will be fired. Did you hear? We no longer care about your political parties. You need to be loyal to us, not to them. Because we will get you fired and they will not save you. If you do or can represent me, my issues, my views, please stand up. Make your identity known. You need to make some noise about it. Speak up. I need to know who you are. If you do not speak up, you will be herded out with the rest of the sheep and we will replace the whole congress if need be one by one. We are coming. Are we coming for you? Who do you represent? What do you represent? Listen. Because we are coming. We the people are coming.
To support this letter, please sign the petition at http://www.thepetitionsite.com/8/an-open-letter-to-our-nations-leadership
Different Opinions May 13, 2009
I am a proud Christian and it annoys me when I feel like everyone has a right to their opinion unless it’s a Christian or a conservative stance. I have just as much right to say that I’m pro-life as others have the right to believe that it’s the woman’s right to choose. I don’t like it when people say I’m closed minded; no, I just have an opinion on the subject and it’s different than their’s. I wish that we could all treat each other with respect when we have differing opinions and just agree to disagree. This is what I read on someone else’s blog and I totally agree with their statement: “It gets to the point where I just get so tired of being told that I’m wrong for sticking to my opinions and that someday I’ll “see the light” – it’s like, NO! This IS my light!”
Random, Very Random May 8, 2009
Ok, this will be the most random blog that I’ve written. I’ve been thinking about lots of things and honestly, I just feel random today so here we go:
Do you know one way that I think is a sure-fire way to tell if a person is a thorough, hard worker or if they’re the type of person that does the bare minimum and looks for short-cuts? Watch them clean: do they clean just what we all can see or do they move things on the counter to clean underneath them?
There’s a lady that my family knows that usually is easy to get along with. But when she gets upset, she turns into one of the most sarcastic, loud, and rude people that I’ve ever met. I don’t think that she really hears how she sounds or really thinks about how she’s acting because I’ve seen her do this to her family, friends, … everyone. I think that sometimes when we’re really trying to prove a point, the only point that we prove is that we can be a smart-aleck. And that kind of behavior doesn’t help our cause at all. For instance, when this lady gets really riled up about something and goes off, I never leave thinking about WHAT she said; I leave thinking about HOW she said it. I think a lot of people’s messages get lost in how they put those messages out there. If we really want to have people stop and hear what we’re saying, I think we need to try and stay calm and respectful so that they leave thinking about our words and not our tone.
I’ve stopped drinking all carbonated drinks. I haven’t had one for six weeks now (only drinking water and 1% milk) and I’ve stopped eating anything pass 7:30pm. I am feeling SO much better. Not that I felt awful before but I can really tell a difference in my body and how I feel from just doing those two things.
I watched some videos on YouTube of Steve Martin (whom I LOVE) playing the banjo. Every time I see him play, I can’t get over how good he is! I just ordered an early copy of the CD that he’s coming out with called “The Crow: New Songs for the Five-String Banjo.”